MuCoBa - highlights
MuCoBa has attained impressive performance in the past demonstrating that there is potential in the district for future growth. Some of these milestones include;
- Savings and deposits have tripled over the five years from one billion in 2004 to three billion in 2008.,
- The loan portfolio grew steadily from 840 million 2004 to Tshs 2.5 billion in 2008.
- The bank’s total assets grew from Tshs 1.45 billion in 2004 to Tshs 4.3 billion by end of 2008. Most of these assets (87%) were financed by short-term liabilities and more specifically the deposits.
- The bank remained profitable over the five years 2004-08. Profit before tax grew from Tshs 26 million in 2004 to Tshs 187 million in 2008.
- The bank share capital increased marginally over the period from Tshs 110 million in 2004 to Tshs 201 million in 2008.
- Number of depositors increased from 3,934 in 2004 to 9,800 in 2008.
- Number of borrowers increased from 1,245 in 2004 to 5,215 in 2008.
MuCoBa - performance indicators
|No of Savers||3,934||6,445||12,339||11,229||14,500|
|No of saving accounts||3,934||6,445||7,491||8,553||9,800|
|Value of savings (Tshs)||1.00 billion||1.95 billion||2.52 billion||2.97 billion||2.96 billion|
|No of Borrowers||1,245||3,821||4,681||4,931||5,215|
|Amount disbursed (Tshs)||1.59 billion||2.80 billion||2.26 billion||2.75 billion||1.94 billion|
|Principle outstanding (Tshs)||0.87 billion||1.74 billion||2.54 billion||2.40 billion||2.51 billion|
|Total Assets (Tshs)||1.45 billion||2.39 billion||3.47 billion||4.06 billion||4.30 billion|
|Advance towards Share Capital||-||-||0.045 billion||0.062 billion||-|
|Paid up share capital(Tshs)||0.11 billion||0.11 billion||0.11 billion||0.11 billion||0.20 billion|
|Profit Before Tax (Tshs)||0.026 billion||0.074 billion||0.200 billion||0.110 billion||0.190 billion|