MuCoBa’s future growth
MUCOBA BANK PLC aims at improving its growth in order to expand outreach and serve more community members. In order to implement this target, the bank will do the following among other things:
- Provide good working environment to its staff through provision of reliable working facilities, training and other forms of incentives.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders who are supporting the target group (small and medium sized entrepreneurs) for example, SACCOS, NGOs and the government
- Increase efforts in having adequate finance through savings and share mobilization and approaching institutions that can provide fund to meet demand of investments, mainly being credit facilities to the target group. In share mobilization, the bank has already started to invite new shareholders in order to widen ownership among different community members on one hand and increase share capital on the other hand.
- Perform research on bank products in order to improve the existing products and establish products that meet the demand of clients.
- Establishment of centres to bring services closer to clients in rural areas.
In improving growth the bank intends to grow as follows over the period of five years:
- Savings and deposits to grow by 106 % from Tshs 14 billion in 2014 to 28.9 billion in 2018.
- The loan portfolio to grow by 107 % from Tshs 11.6 billion in 2014 to Tshs 24billion in 2018
- The bank’s total assets to grow by 107 % from Tshs 20.6 billion in 2014 to Tshs 42.7 billion by 2018.
- The profitability of the bank to grow by 123% from Tshs 528.0 million in 2014 to Tshs 1,179.5 million in 2018.
- The bank share capital to increase by 160 % from Tshs 1,189.4 million in 2014 to Tshs 3,089.4 million in 2018.
MuCoBa Performance Projections
|No. of groups||240||312||406||528||687||704|
|No. of group members||4,800||6,240||8,120||10,560||13,740||14,080|
|No. of SACCO’s||15||22||25||27||30||32|
|No. of individual loans||780||936||1,124||1,349||1,619||1943|
|Amount disbursed (Tshs)||4.51 b||6.17 b||7.54 b||9.36 b||11.63 b||11.6b|
|Gross Loans outstanding. (Tshs)||2.47 b||3.46 b||4.40 b||5.50 b||6.85 b||8.4b|
|No. of Deposit accounts||13,572||19,001||26,602||37,243||52,141|
|Value of deposits (Tshs)||3.39 b||4.28 b||5.32 b||6.52 b||9.12 b||14b|
|Total Assets (Tshs)||4.80 b||6.37 b||8.25b||10.31b||13.95b||20.6b|
|Paid up share capital(Tshs)||300m||400m||500m||600m||750m|
|Profit Before Tax (Tshs)||204.7m||277.8m||357.6||519.4m||687.7m|